I try to make Korean food at least once a week…yanno…gotta keep the roots going strong. =]
these guys got it right.
So I made Kimchi Jjigae (stew), Polish Sausage with Green Peppers and Onions, and of course Rice with an Egg on top. =]
If you don’t know, Kimchi is fermented cabbage, radish, spring onion, cucumbers…pretty much anything. It usually has a spicy red sauce that helps with fermentation. Sounds nasty, smells nasty…tastes soooooo gooooooood. =]
Kimchi Jjigae (stew)
1 C Kimchi, cut
2 C Water
1 Small square of dried seaweed (dashima)
1/2 can of Spam, diced
1/2 of a package of tofu, diced
2 cloves Garlic
1 TBSP GoChuJang (red pepper paste)
1 Spring Onion, chopped (optional)
1. Boil dried seaweed in water in a pot. Discard seaweed after boiling for 10 minutes.
2. Add Kimchi, Garlic, GoChuJang, and Spam and boil until reduced by 1/3.
3. Add Tofu. Boil 10 minutes and serve with some chopped spring onion as garnish (optional).
Polish Sausage Stir-Fry
1 Polish Sausage, sliced on a diagonal
1 Bell Pepper, julienned
1/4 Onion, sliced
1 TBSP GoChuJang (optional)
1. Saute Polish Sausage in a large pan until nicely browned.
2. Add Bell Pepper, Onion, and GoChuJang (if you want a little spicy kick) and saute until bell pepper is barely cooked (for a nice crunch).
Fry up some eggs, put it on top of a bowl of rice, plate the stir-fry, put out the Jjigae and eat! mMmMm~
I had THE BEST helper ever too! Hubs make nice slaves don’t they…=P j/k.