can we say yummmm???!!!
This recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz’s Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Cardamom Green Tea Ice Cream
About 1 quart (1l)
1 cup (250ml) whole milk
A pinch of salt
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
2 cups (500ml) heavy cream
8 large egg yolks
3 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
4 Green Cardamom Pods or 1 tsp ground Cardamom
1. Heat the milk, salt, Matcha powder and sugar in a saucepan. Add the cardamom pods or ground cardamom to the milk. Cover, remove from heat, and infuse for one hour.
2. To make the ice cream, set up an ice bath by placing a 2-quart (2l) bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice and water. Set a strainer over the top of the smaller bowl and pour the cream into the bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg yolks. Rewarm the milk then gradually pour some of the milk into the yolks, whisking constantly as you pour. Scrape the warmed yolks and milk back into the saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom with a heat-resistant spatula, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
5. Strain the custard into the heavy cream. Stir over the ice until cool, then refrigerate to chill thoroughly. Preferably overnight.
6. Freeze the custard in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.