Carats, Cut, and Clarity! j/k =] Chipotle Chicken Carbonara! MmMmMm~
(btw…I am updating this instead of doing job applications…I sure have my priorities straight don’t I?)
Chipotle Chicken Carbonara
1 Large Chicken Breast, sliced
2 strips Bacon or Pancetta, diced
Spaghetti portioned for 2
Splash of white wine
1/2 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP Flour
1-1/2 C Milk
Pinch of Nutmeg
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, pureed
1/2 TSP Salt
1/4 TSP Pepper
1. Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter and mix with flour to create a roux.
3. Add Milk, pureed chipotle (you can also add a whole chipotle and blend with a stick blender), pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir until thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
4. Turn off heat and add Parmesan Cheese.
5. Cook bacon or pancetta in a medium saucepan until crisp. Set aside.
6. Brown chicken in bacon fat. Add a splash of white wine.
7. Add sauce and pasta to chicken and stir well. Add crispy bacon and mix well. Enjoy!