One thing I loved about working with Autistic children was their personalities. So vibrant and unique. So much so that you could never forget them even if you tried. Because of this one particular child, every time I have a pasta dish, I hear his voice, “PASSA!!! passapassapassa!!” Can you tell he loved pasta? hehehe
So of course I heard him while I made this one. =]
Creamy Cheesy Chicken Pasta
1 Whole Chicken cut into pieces
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
1. Toss Chicken in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper and place on a sheet pan. Roast at 425F for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the breast is 150F.
2. Let cool and shred chicken off bones or dice.
2 C grated cheese of your choice (I used 1 C Smoked Gouda and 1 C Fontina)
2 C Whole Milk
2 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Pinch of Nutmeg
1. Melt butter in a large pot. Add Flour and whisk together for 2 minutes.
2. Add Milk, Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg and stir to mix. Stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened.
3. Off the heat, add grated cheese and mix together until cheese is completely melted.
1 lb pasta of your choice (I used Farfalle)
1 1/2 C Frozen Green Peas
1. Cook Pasta in a big pot according to directions on the package. Once pasta is al dente, add frozen green peas, stir in.
2. Drain Pasta and peas together and toss into Cheese Sauce with shredded/diced chicken.